[Peace-discuss] Say No to escalation of the war on Thursday

Barbara kessel barkes at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 14:43:29 CST 2007

At 4:00 people of Champaign and Urbana will gather at the Veterans'
Memorial, corner of Main and Broadway, co-sponsored by MoveOn.org, Win
without War, True Majority, United for Peace and Justice, and
Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations. This will be a
local instance of a national response. Come, stand up and be counted.
Barbara Kessel

Say NO!!

Nationwide Protests This Thursday

TIME FOR A SURGE OF OPPOSITION TO BUSH'S WAR ESCALATION

Hard to believe, but in a primetime televised speech on Wednesday
evening, President Bush will announce his plans to send more troops
into Iraq. We don't know for sure, but he could be planning to send at
least 20,000 more troops, and the numbers could be even higher.

Whatever the numbers are, the Bush administration is once again moving
in the wrong direction. In November the voters elected a new Congress
with a clear mandate: End this war! The people of this country want
the war to end and we do NOT want more troops sent to Iraq.

We need to act quickly and in large numbers to oppose this escalation.

United for Peace and Justice has joined an effort initiated by Win
Without War and True Majority to encourage as many local actions in
communities all around the country this Thursday, the day after Bush
announces his plans. We need to be visible and vocal. Our message must
be heard by the White House and by the Congress. NO more troops, end
this war now!