[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Darfur

Morton K. Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Thu Jan 11 12:54:51 CST 2007

Yes, Carl, I think we should be highly suspicious of any U.S.
initiative on Darfur, especially so in view of the recent Somalia
business. However, Al Kagan is not promoting the sending troops to
"fight their way into Darfur", nor is he advocating that Bush and
Blair be arbiters of those conflicts. Moreover, I'm not sure that the
exactions taking place in Darfur cannnot be alleviated/eliminated by
some military presence.

In short, Al's contribution may not be complete, but I thought it
informative and useful.

Mort