[Peace-discuss] Amazon

Tracy Nectoux tnectoux at uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 15 10:29:05 CST 2007

Amazon is a mystery.  They donated 62,250.00 to republicans in the 2004
election, but they also donated 44,000.00 to democrats.  They're really
neither blue nor red.

http://www.buyblue.org/node/66/view/summary

In the 2006 election, their donations were 50/50.
http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/lookup2.asp?strID=C00360354

And Buy Blue says that all personal donations went to democrats.
http://www.buyblue.org/node/3848

Now, in my personal opinion, any huge mega-billion corporation giving
huge chunks of cash to ANY political party sucks.  And I know that
democrats are just as guilty of accepting dirty money as republicans.  I
just thought I'd send this info. along.  I guess my point is that Amazon
doesn't seem to be either pro-Republican or anti-Democrat.  So, I'm a
little surprised that they've taken such a blatantly biased stance
against Carter's book.

Peace,
Tracy