[Peace-discuss] Democrat Agenda Omissions

Morton K. Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Mon Jan 22 00:00:12 CST 2007

Stephen Lendman is obviously (for those who have been following his
contributions to ZNet) an extraordinarily prolific critic of our
national scene. I show only a concluding excerpt from a very long,
and sometimes difficult to read, all embracing indictment of our
Congress as well as the administration. The whole thing can be found
at:    http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?
SectionID=72&ItemID=11899

The great majority in the country have now endured over three decades
of ruling governments in Washington failing to address their needs
and rights, but it only got worse in the neoliberal new world order
in the 1980s and 1990s that reached an unprecedented level of
extremism under George Bush's imperial presidency.  In an age of
neocon rule, it's reckless in its aims, out-of-control in policy, one-
sided in support of capital, scornful of the rule of law, and
indifferent to the rights and needs of ordinary people everywhere.

It (is) a system of savage capitalism at its worst, bordering on the
tipping edge of fascism.  It's based on corporatism, patriotism and
nationalism backed by iron-fisted militarism and "homeland security"
enforcers.  It's waging a permanent war on humanity, intolerant of
dissent and opposition in an age where the law is what the chief
executive says it is and checks and balances no longer exist because
the Congress and courts surrendered them in the name of national
security.

Note to UEK: See comments about Levin.

…