[Peace-discuss] 90%

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 3 12:17:10 CDT 2007

Regarding the next-to-last paragraph of the flyer, Bob, I don't think
much of your suggestion that I purposely "submitted [it] too late for
consideration at an AWARE meeting" in order to avoid your withering
criticism, the substance of which seems to be "What is going on in the
Middle East is much more complicated than the economics [sic]."

Should the offending paragraph have been rewritten as follows?

"The corporate economy drives America's criminal wars and occupations in
the Middle East.  Both Democratic and Republican administrations demand
that the US control Middle East energy resources -- even though we
import very little oil from the Middle East for use in the US -- because
that gives the US control over America's principal economic competitors,
Europe and northeast Asia (China, South Korea and Japan). But what is