[Peace-discuss] Final Response re: Johnson

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 4 15:02:09 CDT 2007

I think you should acknowledge the politics of the people you're playing
with.  Dissident movements (like the Vietnam anti-war movement) are
always subject to co-option by establishment groups who recognize the
threat they pose.

It would be much more valuable for you actually and effectively to
oppose the war.  --CGE

"...the issue of peace and people dying for no reason is not a matter of
'right or left' but 'right and wrong' ... I believe that partisan
politics should be left to the wayside when hundreds of thousands of
people are dying for a war, based on lies, that is supported by
Democrats and Republicans alike ... if we don’t find alternatives to
this corrupt 'two' party system our Representative Republic will die and
be replaced with what we are rapidly descending into with nary a check
or balance: a fascist corporate wasteland." --Cindy Sheehan, 28 May 2007