[Peace-discuss] Proxy

Morton K. Brussel brussel at uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 4 18:50:41 CDT 2007

The discussion about the flyer could perhaps continue on Sunday, but
here are a few remarks apropos of  Bob's remarks below:

1) He says: " The concept of appropriate force seems to be completely
lost to both Israeli and American leadership." What is "appropriate"
force, and in what way was it "lost" on both leaderships?

2) Not every attempt to understand and explain world or national
affairs by linking its actors, one way or the other, is a
"conspiracy". Carl has beliefs about the linkage of Israeli and
American policies in the middle east and beyond (Central America in
the past, for example); I see no conspiracy theory there. It has been
discussed and dissected, persuasively I believe, in many places
elsewhere.

3) Yes, concealed agreements and understandings between governments
do occur, as do actions based on them. Conspiracies do exist, have
existed. I don't know what it means to say "I don't believe in
conspiracy theories".

--mkb