[Peace-discuss] Crimes

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Sat Jul 7 17:45:34 CDT 2007

Robert Dunn wrote:
> The majority of the population does not allow reason to guide their thinking

Given time, people do use reason to guide their thinking and actions.

As for the examples you gave, (mob rule, Hitler) yes some people are/were fooled, but nobody can fool all the people for very long.

Humans would have destroyed the earth long before now, except that reason does kick in.

I know some of you are asking today, ‘How long will it take?'
I come to say to you this afternoon, however difficult the moment, however frustrating the hour, it will not be long, because truth pressed to earth will rise again.
How long? Not long, because no lie can live forever.
How long? Not long, because you will reap what you sow.
How long? Not long, because the arm of the moral universe is long, and it bends toward justice.
Yes.  The arm of the moral universe bends toward justice.
-Martin Luther King, Jr.