[Peace-discuss] Power intoxicates

n.dahlheim at mchsi.com n.dahlheim at mchsi.com
Mon Jul 9 13:26:22 CDT 2007

As always, I am going to continue to assume the role of skeptic here...  Sheehan running for Congress
won't change anything.  Lord Acton's pithy dictum that absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely most
certainly fits here.  Power will corrupt Sheehan even if she were to win.  Human nature is weak and fallible.
Sheehan and Bush are not that different on an existential level---yes there is a social power
differential---but, I am gravitating more and more towards believing that little can be done about the
endemic Washington corruption from within Washington.