[Peace-discuss] Mr Smith Goes to Washington

Bill Strutz bill.strutz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 17:26:50 CDT 2007

He is one of the two trolls I was discreetly referring to, and he was doing
it again in his reply to me -- read my pleasant little announcement and the
condescending diatribe he sent in reply:  His same old garbage about
political action being useless and the corporate powers being too powerful
to even think about resisting them.

His message is that we should all just bend over; so what is he doing in
this listserv?

-- Bill

On 7/13/07, Morton K. Brussel <brussel at uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Yeah, We need less heat and more light. --mkb
>
> On Jul 13, 2007, at 2:41 PM, John W. wrote:
>

> On 7/12/07, Bill Strutz <bill.strutz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>      I am not going to argue with you, asshole.  The crap you write is a
> > waste of otherwise good electrons' time.  Fuck off.
> >         -- Bill
>

> No need to pull punches, Bill.  We're all friends here.  What are you
> REALLY trying to say?  :-)
>

> On 7/12/07, n.dahlheim at mchsi.com < n.dahlheim at mchsi.com> wrote:
> >
> Let's not cite Frank Capra when discussing realistic estimations of
> > > political and social quesitons in
> > > American life.  Recall how he romanticized Suburbia in "It's a
> > > Wonderful Life?"  If it weren't for suburbia we
> > > probably wouldn't have the war, the oil crisis, or the ecological
> > > crisis that we are faced with now.  Fewer
> > > cars and more people growing their own food or at least buying locally
> > > would make a real contribution to
> > > peace and sustainability.  Supporting candidates in Washington won't
> > > do it----they cannot fight the
> > > centralization of control.  The wealthy corporate interests that
> > > effectively own this country are far more
> > > powerful than they were in the Gilded Age or the Great Depression.  We
> > > simply don't have the skills to
> > > survive without them even though their rapacity is well-displayed.

61% of the statistics you hear are completely made up.