[sf-core] Re: [Peace-discuss] Iraq protest [sic]

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 16 15:38:50 CDT 2007

Let me get this straight: you're working to get 51 votes in the Senate,
because you can't get 41?

You're right that once elected members of the US Congress can say
anything they want, they're not bound by their constituents' wishes --
and, remarkably enough, the Congressional Democrats have chosen as a
group to reject doing what they were elected to do, end the war.

Instead of ending the war (as they could) they want to use its
unpopularity to denigrate the other faction and increase their own
electoral chances.  They're actually willing to prolong the war for that.

Instead of participating in rallies organized by Democratic party front
groups, we should demand the Democrats do what they were elected to do.
  --CGE