[Peace-discuss] Urbana police contract and side letter

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 17 09:47:18 CDT 2007

Dear Peace Discuss,

Brandon Bowersox wrote:
> the City Council can only enact a CPRB within these limitations, at least through June 30, 2010.

I do not want to assume that these current restrictions will be permanent and, as a result, write them into the CPRB.
* In 2010, another contract will be written. Hopefully by then the City will be wiser when they deal with the police negotiators.
* Other cities may model their CPRBs after Urbana's.
* If the CPRB is established under the very restrictive wording, I am not sure it will ever be able to do what it should be able to do, even after 2010.

-karen medina