[Peace-discuss] War and peace

Jenifer Cartwright jencart7 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 14:11:47 CDT 2007

There are the rare exceptions, but it seems to me that just about all offensive/aggressive conflicts/wars/conquests -- while politically orchestrated -- are in fact economically motivated. So I'd say that Capitalism (i e the quest for capital) does explain war.

  Jenifer

  Bob Illyes <illyes at uiuc.edu> wrote:
  What I object to in your flyer, Carl, is that you treat Israel as
America's proxy. One could just as easily argue that America
is Israel's proxy. But I think that either analysis is false,
and simply gives offense while doing no good. I also do not
think your tendency to treat international capital as the driving
force of recent history is completely correct. The record shows
that war has been with us since writing was invented, before which
we have to guess, for example. Capitalism does not explain war.

Since I am not the only person in AWARE that differs with you on
these matters, we don't have consensus to distribute them in the
AWARE name.

Bob