[sf-core] Re: [Peace-discuss] Iraq protest [sic]

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Mon Jul 16 16:21:05 CDT 2007

Politics is the art of the possible. While there may be 29 or so (at
present) willing to cut off funding immediately (which is what you
advocate), there appears to be a small majority who would - if given
an opportunity - vote for a 'phased withdrawal' plan

Now, you can take the view that it is immoral to push for a vote on a
phased withdrawal because it's not a perfect solution, taking some
period of time to end the war. Or you can see winning such a vote as
putting us in a better situation than we are at present.

Impotent righteousness or pragmatic gains. Your choice.

Andrew