[Peace-discuss] Chicken and egg problem

Neil Parthun lennybrucefan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 11:00:51 CDT 2007

I fail to see how a CPRB would make the police more angry. Yes, it is an
oversight board but it is a community safeguard not only for community
members but for the vast, vast majority of the officers that do their jobs
without problems/abuses.  Having transparency would make some members of the
community less skeptical of 'police investigating police' findings and could
lessen anti-police sentiment in some segments of the community population.
It is those minority of officers who choose to violate the Constitutional
protections/rights that they are supposed to uphold that make these ideas
like the CPRB an unfortunate necessity.  We cannot expect people to have
respect for law and order until we teach respect to those who we choose to
enforce our laws.

Don't mourn, organize!
                    x Neil x

You can't really be strong until you see a funny side to things.
[ken kesey, 1935-2001]

Keep your blood clean, your body lean and your mind sharp.
[henry rollins, 1961-]

Even though you can't expect to defeat the absurdity of the world, you must
make that attempt.  That's morality, that's religion.  That's art.  That's
life.
[phil ochs, 1940-1976]

Neil Parthun || lennybrucefan at gmail.com || http://publici.ucimc.org