[Peace-discuss] Urbana CPRB on Council agenda Mon July 23

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 12:06:38 CDT 2007

Folks interested in the substantive issue of citizen
oversight of their government (I believe it's called
democracy) might want to know:

A revised proposal for police review in Urbana is
slotted for the agenda this coming Monday night.

The proposal should be on the City's website soon --
http://www.city.urbana.il.us, I'm told.

See you there!
Ricky

--- Robert Dunn <prorobert8 at hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

This is my hometown john. I was born in Carle Hospital
on May 19, 1982, i forgot what floor it was! I went to
Wiley Elementary School on the corner of Anderson and
Pennsylvania Ave. I remember when Lincoln Square and
the Sunnycrest area were thriving with businesses and
shops. I remember the old Elite Diner and Dunkin
Donuts where some old timers were sitting there every
day sipping coffee and chainsmoking! Of course, now
that is illegal in Urbana to chainsmoke inside, thanks
to the lefties on the Council! I went to the hellhole
called Urbana Middle School and survived that. Finally
i went to Urbana High School and graduated in 2000. It
was then that i met you guys. I remember walking to
Lincoln Square and playing video games in the arcade
there. That is now gone. You see, i have roots here.
Most people on the city council do not have roots or
history here. It seems that those who were born and
bred here have more commonsense than the outsiders who
come to this area. That includes Champaign as well.