[Peace-discuss] Barbershop conversation

Neil Parthun lennybrucefan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 00:45:30 CDT 2007

I agree with Bob here as well.

We cannot be pigeonholing people who have come to be anti-Iraq war
due to the terrible mismanagement, et al. as somehow less than us due
to their beliefs and opinions about the subject.  That mentality just
smacks of 'more activist than thou' and can really turn people off.
This is a time where we need to all be binding together to present a
wide anti-war stance of people from the Old Right all the way to the
far left (using these terms in their broadest sense of the
traditional political spectrum) because we all agree that this war is
wrong.  I personally like people to be flexible and acknowledge when
they've made an error in their beliefs and would like to correct it
rather than hanging it over their heads in a "told you so" and "look
what you helped support!" kind of fashion.  If we're truly open an
inclusive, should we not be open to people who come to the same
conclusion that we have (the wrongness of this war) but through
different means?

Enjoy every sandwich,
                     x Neil x

You can't really be strong until you see a funny side to things.
[ken kesey, 1935-2001]

Keep your blood clean, your body lean and your mind sharp.
[henry rollins, 1961-]

When we come into contact with others, our thoughts and actions
should express our mind of compassion, even if that person says and
does things that are not easy to accept.  We practice in this way
until we see clearly that our love is not contingent upon the other
person being loveable.
[thich nhat hanh, 1926-]

Even though you can't expect to defeat the absurdity of the world,
you must make that attempt.  That's morality, that's religion.
That's art.  That's life.
[phil ochs, 1940-1976]