[Peace-discuss] Why Germans Supported Hitler

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 23 15:53:37 CDT 2007

At News from Neptune we've been calling that "The Incompleteness
Principle"  -- which we formalize as, "No one can be wrong ALL the time."

I've thought for a while that among the various views we lump together
in this country under the (misleading) title "conservative," one must at
least distinguish between "Neoconservatives," who brought us this war,
and "Paleoconservatives," who opposed it in principle.  The latter are
represented by publications such as The American Conservative,
Chronicles, and Antiwar.com.  The Paleocons shade off into the
Libertarians, and both look to Barry Goldwater as their prophet.

I think you're correct to quote this "remarkably constructed morality
tale" with approval and indicate its "comparisons to current events."
Similar things have appeared among the paleocons for some time. I posted
another example earlier today. --CGE