[Peace-discuss] Re: IMC reporter kicked out of CPD briefing

Marti tvchick at insightbb.com
Mon Jun 11 17:26:59 CDT 2007

The word journalist first started out as a way to describe a writer who kept
journals. This basic definition later expanded to include writers for
newspapers, magazines, and broadcast.  With independent media you see
individuals acting as 'citizen journalists' and this style of journalism is
supported by professional writers like Dan Gillmor.  As BD brings in the
example of Upton Sinclair I think of Hunter S. Thompson who took journalism
and placed his own style on it.

The bottom line for me is Chief Finney has no business barring anyone who
writes for the Public I from a press conference.

  _____