[Peace-discuss] Re: IMC reporter kicked out of CPD briefing

Wendy Edwards wedwards at uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 11 20:15:03 CDT 2007

Actually, I don't think that it would be right for Finney to deny
press credentials because a newpaper or blog expressed opinions
that were different than his.  So by that token, I believe that
reporters from Public i and the OBO should be admitted to press
conferences.

However, I do believe that Finney and other public officials have
the right to insist on professional behavior from all reporters at
a press conference, regardless of affiliation.  I talked briefly with
Finney about the situation, and he confirmed that this had been the
issue with Brian.  It sounded like Finney would have been willing to
admit citizen journalists and bloggers as long as there was no history
of inappropriate behavior.

Wendy