[Peace-discuss] Despite the title (and slant) N-G editorial makes some interesting points............

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 10:35:50 CDT 2007

It's frankly amazing, coming from a newspaper that has
been so critical of local efforts toward civilian
oversight of law enforcement.

It's an opportunity for some letters from Champaign
residents demanding a "citizen police review board"
along the lines of what Urbana will likely be
discussing in July ... (Urbana's board is severely
hampered by restrictions in the police union contract,
but it promises to be a helluva lot better than what
Champaign has, which is described in the NG editorial
pretty well.)

Ricky

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/opinions/editorials/2007/06/12/