[Peace-discuss] Pentagon (e-mail technical etiquette)

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 26 14:16:41 CDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 11:16:24AM -0700, Chuck Minne wrote:
> As I said before, you certainly have my condolences. My computer works just fine.
>
> And to the moderators/gatekeepers of this list: If my conduct is egregious, I
> request that you kindly unsubscribe me.

Mark is right (though I wouldn't have used the same language to say it).
It looks as though you've posted something like a copy of the Yahoo page,
including its embedded Shockwave Flash advertisement(s).  Presumably these
particular ones really do come from yahoo and are probably not dangerous,
but they are at least annoying.

In any case, this isn't a good way to post to a mailing list.
Given the prevalence of e-mail viruses and other attacks,
posting e-mail with any "active" content is liable to impose a
burden on the readers -- and there are quite a few of us, 155 today.

Please, in future, copy and paste *the text* (or an excerpt of it),
as Mark did.  (And including a link to the original, as you did, Chuck,
is good too.) It's easier to read and avoids setting off people's alarm bells.

While I'm writing this, another (personal this time) request to posters:
if you forward a message from elsewhere, as someone has done recently with
two Common Dreams articles, could you forward a copy of it under
your own name rather than simply bouncing it anonymously to
the peace/peace-discuss mailing list?

Thanks.

   Stuart Levy, one of the peace-discuss list moderators