[Peace-discuss] A big thanks for a small victory from Annette

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at insightbb.com
Thu Mar 1 11:01:43 CST 2007

Below is a message from our friend and city council hopeful Annette
Williams.

Begin forwarded message:
> From: Annette Williams
> Subject: A big thanks for a small victory

I went to a meeting at the Dem HQ tonite and they expressed admiration
for the folks at AWARE and all that you did for the campaign. Would you
please forward my message on to the peace list?

> I just want to thank all the friends & associates of AWARE for your
> support -- encouragement, advice, time on the phone,passing out flyers
> or spreading the word in any  way to mobilize the folks to vote
> as well as those of you who donated financially to the mailer we did
> last week. The cost was $545 for the printing of 5,000 and $824 for
> mailing  and we gathered most of the funds from the
> contributions. Thank you also for the faith and confidence you placed
> in me.
>
> I'm not basking long in this small victory because I'm not in it for
> myself.  There's no money in it & I don't like seeing myself on tv  so
> it's certainly not for fame. I truly want to see people empowered,
> especially those who seem to have lost hope.  And I want the
> priviledged to display more social responsibility.  So I'm throwing
> myself into learning as much as possible about the issues in these
> next few weeks and rallying as much support as I can.  Any and  all
> wisdom, information and counsel is welcomed and appreciated.
>
> Again, thanks to one and all.  Your are my models, mentors, and
> inspiration!
>
> For the Cause,
>
> Annette B. Williams

As quoted in the News-Gazette Wednesday February 28:
Williams was thrilled to take the sixth and final spot. She said her
campaign will be based on representing "the common person."

"Power to the people," she said.