[Peace-discuss] Membership, AWARE endorsement

Ron Szoke r-szoke at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 14 21:07:13 CDT 2007

The point would seem to be whether the Civil War was "about" nothing other than
slavery.  I suspect everyone involved had their own agenda concerning what it was
"about," with slavery being a fairly prominent consideration in many if not most
cases.

In the same vein, there are two other unacknowledged components of the Iraq
invasion:  a psychological theory about restoring America's symbolic testicles after
Vietnam & the partial victory in Gulf I, & the influence of the Israel lobby -- which
of course cannot be discussed without loud shrieks of "anti-Semitism" being heard.

-- Ron Szoke