[Peace-discuss] Everybody knows the South had WMDs.

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 14:48:31 CDT 2007

I think there is a good chance that 300 years from now all the eminent US historians will be saying that the Iraq War was fought because of “weapons of mass destruction,” or to “free Iraq from Hussein’s grip,” or to “bring democracy to the Iraqis.”

  Now you can all tell me what you want, but when Lincoln says, "I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery
” I cannot believe that that war was any more about slavery than it was to rid the South of weapons of mass destruction, or to free the Negro from Southerners’ grip, or to bring democracy to the Negroes.

  How do you think the Iraq War will be described in 300 years? (At least in US history books.)

  And how about the Indian Wars – do we ever admit that they were just for us to steal their land? No, they were to save lives – I guess.

  Can you tell me of a war that was primarily fought for the benefit of the downtrodden?

  NOTICE: George W. Bush has issued Executive Orders allowing the National Security Agency to read this message and all other e-mail you receive or send---without warning, warrant or notice. Bush has ordered this to be done without any legislative or judicial oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of President Bush and other government officials who are involved in this illegal and unconstitutional activity. from: Information Clearing House