[Peace-discuss] Two groups of people

Bill Strutz billstrutz at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 21:37:40 CDT 2007

(A)  There are two groups of people:  Those who divide people into two groups, and those who don't.

(B)  I didn't know that Ron was a Hegelian when I told him about this listserv.  I am as shocked as anyone else here.
      However, he is generally positive.  I've never seen him rain on anyone's parade.  I think he'd agree that when we disagree, there is no call for one of us to hold another back.

(C)  Sometimes I despair of our accomplishing anything, but at those times I shut up and lie down until that feeling goes away.   We can, perhaps, take turns being discouraged, so that someone is always on their feet.
      BTW, the film "Amazing Grace" (now playing in a multiplex near you) inspires hope.

(D)  This hobby-store owner -- I read him as being a typical blowhard.  I hope that most people see through him.  So, AWARE is at the center of every kind of nefarious cause; which does he object to, the anti-war part or the anti-racism part?  I do hope that someone counters his allegation that he felt threatened.  If he felt threatened by this bunch of people, he must be a remarkable coward.  There has never been any violence at any Cindy Sheehan event, has there?  Not so much as a scuffle, I believe.
       Last April at the ACLU of Illinois conference here in Champaign, Tom Kasich said that they will run an occasional 750-word opinion piece (written by a member of the general public) on the editorial page.  I hope that is still true.  We could reasonably ask for equal time.

      -- Bill
     (with a name like "Strutz", I should be marching!)