[Peace-discuss] Dey editorial

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 27 11:46:53 CDT 2007

Thanks for bringing up this editorial. I didn't even notice it. I
rarely read Dey, having noticed that he plays fast and loose with
the facts for partisan purposes.

I was very glad to have the referenda on the ballot, because it
let us show that AWARE is not a fringe group, but represents the
mainstream position.

Apparently Mark Thompson thinks that democracy is a conspiracy of
the left.

Is the person of the same name who lives in St. Jo? I know a person
who was refused a house in St. Jo because she was Jewish. St. Jo
obviously has its problems. But if he is the same person, what is
he doing messing with CU politics? I think we need to know where
this guy lives.

I agree with Ricky that the Dey editorial a good opening for us.

Bob