[Peace-discuss] George Carlin

n.dahlheim at mchsi.com n.dahlheim at mchsi.com
Wed Mar 28 13:16:32 CDT 2007

About George Carlin,

      I really think the fact that his FCC obscenity case was not decided in the Supreme Court in his favor
is a sign that Americans are still hung up with their petty standards of decency.  Carlin uses dirty
language for a very specific purpose: to demonstrate the absurdity of human behavior and avoid the
pitfalls of euphemism.  Should we really be concerned about a few bad words, or should we really be
concerned about a Leviathan chewing up everything in its path.  A few bad words may even be in order
to describe the path we are taking.

     As for not voting.  I don't vote either.  I refuse to participate in a farce meant to distract us and
placate us.   Voting is a waste of time because no matter who wins national elections, those people will
necessarily always be bought off or eliminated if they don't follow the corporate template.  I cannot
believe people expected Democrats to make any real difference in this war.  If the large corporations in
the form of the oil and defense contractors were for this war, Congress will not stand in the way.  The
wealth is sooooo concentrated that we are rapidly being transformed into serfs for their global fascist/
corporate order.  We might as well have fun because it is a long way down, and a little light will help
because this abyss will be incredibly deep.