[Peace-discuss] "MIT eggheads plan Israeli airstrike on Iran nuke factories"

Jenifer Cartwright jencart7 at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 23:10:42 CDT 2007

Uh, could we change the subject line to "MIT PhD students describe potential Israeli airstrike on Iran's Nuclear Facilities" so I can sleep tonight? Impressive paper, and you may be right about who provided the research funding and info. Maybe it's meant to be saber-rattling (bombast?) tho' that's wishful thinking on my part.

  Too many nuts running things...

  Jenifer

David Green <davegreen84 at yahoo.com> wrote:
    For what it's worth, it's important to remember that Iraqi efforts to develop nuclear weapons proceeded only after the Israeli airstrike on Osirak in 1981, at least according to Chomsky's sources.

  DG

"Morton K. Brussel" <brussel4 at insightbb.com> wrote:
  I agree with Stuart's 'ugh".

This "study", one suspects, was done with the backing of the Bush
administration, the CIA, Israeli authorities and other amoral war
hawks. It is far from a neutral study, assuming as it does that the
Iranians are intent on producing nuclear weaponry, which must be
destroyed in the interests of Israel. Its tone is sympathetic to
Israel, antagonistic to Iran. It tacitly encourages an attack on
Iran, and does not discuss, upon my perusal, the response of Iran to
an attack.

On the other hand, it may not all be wrong.

--mkb