[Peace-discuss] Support for Iraq Veterans Against the War

Jenifer Cartwright jencart7 at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 23:35:13 CDT 2007

Something AWARE could do as well? Ditto for George Carlisle? I'm just getting back into action after a rough year at work, so I don't know how full the coffers are, just that a donation from me is long overdue.

  Jenifer

Joe Miller <zhuxiu at earthlink.net> wrote:
  Folks,

I saw some of you at the local IVAW event this past Saturday, and I thought you might respond to this request.

I would like to make a special pitch for individuals to visit the web site of Iraq Veterans Against the War and consider sending them a donation. From recent conversations with IVAW members, it is clear that they are continuing to struggle with a very limited financial base, while they have set themselve a truly ambitious range of activities over this summer and into the fall.

We in VVAW know what it is like to try to carry on major projects with little or no funds and with stressed-out vets who want and need to get their stories out there. VVAW as an organization, along with individual members, contributes financial support to IVAW because they are our brothers and sisters.

Please, if you can, go to www.ivaw.org and contribute a few bucks (or more). These comrades of ours are now on the front line in the antiwar movement. Let's try to do what we can as individuals to help them out.

Peace with Justice,
Joe Miller
VVAW National Co-coordinator
Member, VVAW C-U Chapter