[Peace-discuss] Fwd: American Friends Service Committee continues work on Iran

Jenifer Cartwright jencart7 at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 23:45:28 CDT 2007

EXACTLY!! Reminds me of a school social worker whose idea of counseling was that if the kids behaved themselves and followed the rules, he would hang out w/ them as a reward!

  I can't BELIEVE we're the only ones who get this.

  Jenifer

   Barbara kessel <barkes at gmail.com> wrote:
  The Quakers and Catholics (and Mennonites, though not mentioned here
in the article sent outt by Quakers below) are all in there pitching
inside of Iran and pushing on American govt. to talk to Iran.
The first point to our campaign in AWARE has been "let's not attack
Iran." The second point needs to be brought to the forefront now -
TALK TO IRAN. Please note the absurdity of Rice's idea of "diplomacy."
it is a reward for doing what we want you to do. We won't talk to you
about X until you do it and then we will talk to you and negotiate
after you have done what we want. Barbara Kessel

ah---------- Forwarded message ----------