[Peace-discuss] Legal funds for Thompson trial

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Sun May 13 18:26:48 CDT 2007

Fellow citizens,

We are at a critical stage in the Patrick Thompson trial. We have to raise
$4000 in the next two weeks. We are asking for donations of $20, $50 or
$100. Please send checks to:

Robert G. Kirchner Law Office

100 Trade Center Dr. Suite 402

Champaign, IL 61820

Patrick Thompson, with the help of his new attorneys Robert Kirchner and
Ruth Wyman, recently had a major victory in the campaign to clear his name.
A guilty verdict from the July 2006 trial was overturned. In 99% of cases,
these attempts are unsuccessful, indicating the uniqueness of Thompson's
case.

We believe the charges of sexual abuse and home invasion against Thompson
are retribution for his political activism. He currently has a $15 million
civil suit against the local police departments stemming from the 2004
eavesdropping charges brought against Thompson and Martel Miller for
videotaping the police.

Beating the current criminal charges are crucial to winning the civil case.
The Thompson case is instrumental to exposing racial profiling, police
sweeps in black neighborhoods, and the overcharging of black defendants in
Champaign County. We believe that this case, if won, will bring about a real
change in police policy.

Please help us to see this change.

In peace,

BD