[Peace-discuss] my review of Rendition, the film

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Sun Nov 11 07:50:52 CST 2007

Peace discuss,

My review of the film Rendition:
Yes, I made it to "Rendition". There were only 5 people there, but Thursday is not a big movie night at the Beverly.

Rendition is a good movie. The plot is interesting. The questions are excellent. And somehow we feel compassion for all but the person who ordered the rendition (a woman in beautiful clothes). As I think about how one would go about making a movie that would draw the audience in to the lives of so many different types of people, I am awe struck that this film did it.

I did not have troubles watching any of the scenes, but perhaps I have been hardened by radio descriptions of torture? That would be horrible.

I must admit that a few times I felt as if I were drowning or choking. Oddly enough, the isolation scares me the most.

-karen medina
movie critic