[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] AWARE Stuff at Farmer's Market -- How 'bout Peaceful Holiday cards???

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 03:18:06 CST 2007

Yes, unless AWARE artist(s) just happened to have a holiday muse(s) begging for att'n... even a couple of drawings could be created, sold privately or via AWARE -- helps both AWARE and artist -- and the buyer could have them copied on photo paper a bunch of times, paste onto card stock themselves for THIS year... For future, would be more art and lest craft...

  How many postcarts are left, and which ones are they? I'll try to get over to see them this Saturday, but I was thinking it's time for real cards this year. Surprised AI, Nation, etc don't offer cards, as they sure are very product-oriented otherwise these days...

  Jenifer

Jan & Durl Kruse <jandurl at insightbb.com> wrote:
  I located the current collection of *postcards for peace*. They were
shelved in the AWARE office at the IMC.
If you are interested in any of the remaining postcards..........we
seem to have a bunch left yet unsold..........
they will be at the AWARE Booth inside the Lincoln Square Mall Holiday
Market.
AWARE's table will be indoors the remaining 6 Saturdays from 9-2.
(Nov. 17-Dec. 22)
As far as an AWARE holiday card........ probably a little late for
organizing that project.
JAN K

On Nov 5, 2007, at 1:39 PM, Jenifer Cartwright wrote:

> Hey Peace-loving and AWARE Artists,
>
> I've been sending your AWARE postcards (from our years-ago art
> fundraiser) for the past several years as holiday greeting cards (in
> long envelopes along w/ my boring newsy letter, etc) but I'm all out
> of these now. It'd be GREAT if some of you would make AWARE greeting
> cards for us to send this holiday season!! If your cards are the size
> of standard paper (8 1/2 x 11) folded in fourths, it's easy for us to
> find commercial envelopes that they'd fit into perfectly.
>
> If y're interested in pursuing this, you could submit yr designs to
> us by email, we could order what we liked best, and you could donate
> some of the profits to AWARE. I hope you are inspired to do this,
> since UNICEF cards are now made by Hallmark... and look like they're
> made by Hallmark.
>
> Sorry I didn't think of this in July or August.
>
> Jenifer
>

> Jan & Durl Kruse wrote:
>> Only 2 Saturday's remain for the outdoor Urbana Farmer's Market.
>> Last outdoor Market is November 10.
>> AWARE will move indoors for the 6 weeks of *Market Inside the Mall*.
>> The ending date indoors is December 22.
>> End of the year and holiday season AWARE Stuff:
>>
>> *IMPEACH* Yard signs 2008 *PEACE* Calendars
>> *IMPEACH* T-Shirts $10 each
>>
>> Buttons and Bumper Stickers $1 each

> http://mail.yahoo.com
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no
path and leave a trail.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://mail.yahoo.com