[Peace-discuss] No good presidents

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Tue Nov 13 16:37:53 CST 2007

Precisely, John. I got into a discussion with Carl at a party some time ago
where he shot down every proposal for a possible good president. I finally
asked him if there had been any good presidents, and he said "no".

Granted that none of us are perfect, we can still rank presidents by the
extent of their imperfections and come up with the better ones. If the
standard is perfection, there are no good men, not merely no good
presidents, and this discussion has no meaning or utility.

Bob