[Peace-discuss] Anti-Bush Sign Has Bridge World in an Uproar: "We Did Not Vote For Bush"

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 14 11:15:43 CST 2007

>What can we do about this?  The US Bridge Federation needs to get a ton of mail taking them to task about this nonsense.

I was thinking of writing to both the US Bridge Federation and the 4 women to say that I suddenly find the game of Bridge very interesting indeed. -karen medina

   Ms. Greenberg said she decided to put up the sign in
   response to questions from players from other countries
   about American interrogation techniques, the war in Iraq
   and other foreign policy issues.

   "There was a lot of anti-Bush feeling, questioning of our
   Iraq policy and about torture," Ms. Greenberg said.
   "I can’t tell you it was an overwhelming amount, but
   there were several specific comments, and there wasn’t
   the same warmth you usually feel at these events."

And did you see where they mentioned that many of the US players were wearing pins that had Bush's last day in office on it?