[Peace-discuss] Vigil tonight (Monday)

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 13:31:47 CDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Arab Student Association at UIUC [mailto:asa.uiuc at gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 10:33 AM
To: Undisclosed recipients
Subject: SJP candlelight vigil

  Hi everyone,

Yesterday, September 29th, was the international day of commemoration for the start of the 2nd Intifada.  Due to it being on a weekend, Students for Justice in Palestine decided to hold their candlelight vigil in remembrance tomorrow instead.  They will be holding this vigil to commemorate those who died fighting for justice in Palestine.  here are the details:

When: Monday, October 1 at 8:00PM
Where: On the quad, in front of the Union

Please come and support us in remembering those who died for justice and freedom.  Bring anything that may represent Palestine or justice in general.  There will also be an open-mic; we encourage people to come forward and express themselves about the conflict.  We ask that it not be too provocative, as it is a vigil.  Our intentions are to create a respectful atmosphere, dedicated to the losses and the advancements of the Palestinian cause.

As a heads up: There will be a meeting this Thursday...more details to come.