[Peace-discuss] "The War" by Ken Burns

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 08:36:06 CDT 2007

I've just recently read two anti-war novels written many years ago: Johnny
Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo, and All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich
Remarque.  They too are failures, unfortunately, because they also don't
delve deeply into exquisitely detailed historical and political analysis,
but merely present the human effect of war.  It's appalling, really, that
so many authors and filmmakers don't recognize the obvious necessity of
proper, correct political analysis.

John Wason