[Peace-discuss] Democrats, not Republicans, want to bomb Iran

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 07:55:28 CDT 2007

I watched M/W on C-Span yesterday, and while there was much helpful information to be had, one of them actually said that all U.S. administrations have been opposed to Israel's occupation. This shows a remarkable naivete on their part, I think.

  DG

"Morton K. Brussel" <brussel4 at insightbb.com> wrote:
  Mearsheimer and Walt can add this into their book. Another jab at the "lobby is not that important" crowd.

  But I would also agree that these Democrat(ic?) politicians subscribe to the power elite thesis that "we" have vital interests in the ME which we must not forsake. They basically care not one wit for the deaths of those people over there, even the Americans, and the destruction to be wrought . They are despicable, comparable to those in the administration. There is no opposition party.

  ..mkb

    When I asked Hersh who wants to bomb Iran, he said, "Ironically there is a lot of pressure coming from Democrats. Hillary Clinton, Obama, and Edwards have all said we cannot have a nuclear-armed Iran. Clearly the pressure from Democrats is a reflection of - we might as well say it - Israeli and Jewish input." He added the obvious: "a lot of money comes to the Democratic campaigns" from Jewish contributors.