[Peace-discuss] Americans sure do love their dogs...

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 00:54:18 CDT 2007

It has occurred to me that not only do Americans spend billions of dollars annually on their pets, mostly dogs, but that if their neighbors were in the habit of hitting their own dogs, pretending to drown them, or exposing them to freezing temperatures, they'd report them to the authorities... The neighbors would be reported to the ASPCA and face stiff penalties. The story would make the news several nights running, and everyone would say, "How can people be so cruel to those poor animals? Thank God we have laws against treating animals like that."

  Jenifer