[Peace-discuss] Whirlwind Project (music, stories, ... of many faiths and traditions) at 1:00-3:30pm today -- Chautauqua main stage, Crystal Lake Park

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sun Oct 14 11:14:26 CDT 2007

The Chautauqua presentations are being held in big white tents
on the eastern side of the park, a little north of (just across the
bridge from) the Crystal Lake Park boathouse.

Here's one of interest to many of us, I hope:

The Whirlwind Project  Sunday 10/14  1:00pm
    ... gathers people of many faiths and tradiitons to explore sacred
    stories through music, dialogue and the arts, fostering mutual respect
    and understanding in our community.

    www.whirlwindproject.org

The pre-program mentions several groups performing, including
  Muslim Participation
   Azaan -- Call to Worship
   Instrumental musci -- coordinated by Int'l Friendship Foundation
   Children's Presentation

  Christian Participation
   Sacred Harp Singers of Central IL (Conrad W. among them!)

  Hindu Participation
   Odissi Dance: Shiva Mangalacha rana: An invocation dance on Hindu god SHIVA

  Jewish Participation
   Lee Melhado, shofar
   Little Oy on the Prairie
   Klezmer Music for Simchat Torah
   Music for Cantor and Choir, Shabbat Singers

  Interfaith Participation
   Whirlwind Interfaith Choir, Allison Fromm, director

Note too that environmental activist Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. will be
the closing speaker for this Chautauqua centennial celebration --
at 3:30-5pm today in the same place.  I'm told you may want to bring a chair.