[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] SCHIP recipients and supporters rally for veto override Tuesday

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 15 11:24:12 CDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 09:11:55AM -0500, Robert Naiman wrote:
> >From Jacqueline Hannah:
>
> SCHIP/Children's Health Care Funding Rally
> Tuesday, October 16th, 5 pm to 6 pm
> at the corner of Main St. and Broadway in Urbana (in front of the veterans'
> memorial)
>
> We've got less than 4 days to save SCHIP funding and make sure that over 6
> million America children don't lose their access to health care!
>
> Thousands of people all around the country will be rallying at the same
> time, linking our voices together for the 6 to 10 million children who would
> receive health care because of this funding.  Please sign up at the MoveOn
> site and let us know you will be there to stand up for children's health
> care.
>
> http://political.moveon.org/event/kidshealthvigil/41256

I just got an automated phone call from the US Chamber of Commerce,
urging me to press 1 to talk with Tim Johnson.  "Keep SCHIP for the
poor of our country, don't expand it to families with incomes up to
$80,000/year", was their line.  Anyone else got one of these?  If they're
calling me, I bet they're calling a lot of people.