[Peace-discuss] Paul Wood called me this afternoon

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 22:40:39 CDT 2007

I guess he still has me in his rollodex ...

So I thought I'd better check in.  He was wondering if we're still doing our protests in downtown
Champaign, and since I haven't been to a meeting in a while I thought I'd better make sure.
November 3, right?

Maybe this is why:  I just noticed today our old friend at the hobby shop on Prospect has a big
banner up announcing every Saturday in October, 11am-2pm, there will be some kind of pro-Bush
victory celebration or some such nonsense -- "surrender is not an option" he says!??!!??

Did somebody ask us to "surrender" and I missed it?

Are we "winning" the war?  SHOULD we?  Do you ask if a serial killer is "winning" his spree?  If
somebody breaks into your house and starts bashing up people and things, do we say, well, it was
wrong to invade and all, but now that he's there ... he can't just leave ... or "surrender" ... ?

Hm.