[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] NG on Dahr Jamail

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 29 11:20:43 CDT 2007

Mike Monson of the NG did ok on covering the "Beyond the Green Zone" talk. A few things sounded just a bit different when they placed them in the incorrect paragraph.

Dahr Jamail's case is made, even though the NG doesn't state the reports that Dahr was citing -- like the Oxfam Report for the statement that
 "Another 4 million Iraqi residents are said to be in
  dire need of emergency care, needing water, food or
  medical care."
This was placed in a paragraph where Dahr Jamail is estimating how many people have been wounded, so it sounds like he himself is estimating all the numbers.

I was surprised to see Mr. Monson at the talk yesterday. And surprised the NG put the write-up in the paper.

-karen medina