[Peace-discuss] Anti-war march winds through Loop

n.dahlheim at mchsi.com n.dahlheim at mchsi.com
Tue Oct 30 20:38:00 CDT 2007

These anti-war rallies that occurr bimonthly do not impress me---they are diversions that last for only
a small fraction of a single day.  Until people really get together and launch a sustained protest (ie WWI
vets who constructed the Hooverville tents on the Washington Mall in the 1930s) will anything serious
be done about the war, the obliteration of the Constitution, an investigation into the Bush
Administration's role in perpetrating the 911 attacks, the unabashed support for the uberwealthy, the
continued deterioration of respect for science (especially climate change), and the overall wasting of the
Treasury and neglect of the public services sector.  Until protestors can unite on ALL of these issues
(911 is still very important) and sustain a LONG demonstration with large numbers of people from all
walks of life; I hold out little hope for demonstrations moving the Congress or the government to
respond (and such responses might be nastier than Kent State, MOVE, Waco, or Seattle)....
    So, unless people get on the broader page and make real sacrifices for collective action; I see no
change in the current downward spiral of the tatterd shards of the once promising American Republic.
                Nick