[Peace-discuss] Perfidious Democrats

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat Sep 8 09:22:05 CDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 09:32:27PM -0500, C. G. Estabrook wrote:
> [I think the attacks on Rep. Johnson in our district this summer by the Democratic front group, "Americans Agaisnt Escalation in Iraq," suggest that this is what the Democratic party has in mind for our Congressional district. David Gill, who has run two races against Johnson as a Democrat -- with no support for the Democratic party -- may well be put in the position of Christine Cegelis in the 6th CD.  --CGE]

Note that MoveOn is polling its members right now: should we
support primary challengers against Democrats who side with
the President on Iraq ("Democrats in Name Only")?
Glad to hear them raise this -- of course I said Yes, and
hope the membership overall does too.  And further that
we should especially support Democrats who oppose
the Administration on Iran -- there are far too few of those.