[Peace-discuss] Insurgents

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 11:55:41 CDT 2007

At 11:35 AM 9/14/2007, Bob Illyes wrote:

>When we had a treaty designating certain land as Indian, John, and then
>failed to honor that treaty, it was the US settlers who were illegally
>settled who were the insurgents, NOT the Indians.
>
>The same sort of backward distinction is made in the occupied Palestinian
>territories.
>
>Bob

Do you think I'm not aware of this, Bob?  Have you seen anywhere where I
was arguing the opposite?

In the end, though, it doesn't make any difference.  The entire sweep of
human history is characterized by different individuals and tribes and
cultural groups and "nations" and alliances of nations fighting over land
and resources, scarce or not, and even over ideology and pride and
"honor".  It's an eternal, deadly tug-of-war, with the winners writing the
"history" that the next generation will read.

John