[Peace-discuss] PBS program

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 03:07:28 CDT 2007

Thanks for the additional info, John. I taped one the previous Monday because the promo said it would explain why the world hates the US these days, but it didn't deliver. I accidentally taped the following week's, because my VCR was still set for that time and day, and that was the one that blew my circuits. It'd be interesting to see the whole series, each one exposing more and more what the US has REALLY been up to all these decades...

  Jenifer

"John W." <jbw292002 at gmail.com> wrote:
  At 10:29 AM 9/14/2007, Bob Illyes wrote:

>I saw the program Jennifer describes. Among other astonishing things, it
>described the American Indians as "insurgents" in those cases where they
>fought back against the US land grab!!!
>
>My impression was that it was funded by the Pentagon. Has a anybody tried
>to track down the funding for the program?
>
>Bob

I saw a portion of the show, before being interrupted by a telephone
call. I didn't get the impression that its producers were justifying the
American empire mentality. I thought they were merely reporting on it -
holding a mirror up to the American people, as it were. The American
Indians WERE considered "insurgents" by the white settlers, and the
parallel with Iraq is obvious and striking.

Incidentally, that show seems to be part of a fairly long series of
segments exploring various aspects of the Middle East and America's role in
it, all collectively called "America at a Crossroads". It started a couple
of months ago, on WILL-TV. I taped the early ones, not thinking that there
would be more episodes later on.

John Wason