Fwd: Re: [Peace-discuss] PBS program -- Just now ordered this from PBS

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 04:19:17 CDT 2007

(My last email for a while, I promise!)

  Just now bought this -- PBS takes phone orders 24/7!

  Will let you know when it arrives.

  Jenifer

  Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 00:11:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jenifer Cartwright <jencart13 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] PBS program
To: Bob Illyes <illyes at uiuc.edu>, peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net

  Yeah, I had the same feeling, Bob, although there was something fishy about it... Interesting that PBS (of all stations) aired the cops/Jerry Springer/Fox News version of US foreign policy, which turns out to be EXACTLY what the left sez it is!!!. (Payback for NEA funding?? Or (more likely) a trial balloon to see how PBS viewers handle The Real Truth, Proud Of It, and Love It Or Leave It...

  They did ask for feedback (probably in order to cross-reference names for surveillance??) but I was too appalled to give them any. Not too late, I guess. What the hell -- I'm already one of those teachers' union terrorists.

  I'll try to get this one on DVD, too. You guys will NOT believe it.

  Jenifer

  Bob Illyes <illyes at uiuc.edu> wrote:
  I saw the program Jennifer describes. Among other astonishing things, it
described the American Indians as "insurgents" in those cases where they
fought back against the US land grab!!!

My impression was that it was funded by the Pentagon. Has a anybody tried
to track down the funding for the program?

Bob