[Peace-discuss] announce the fast Re: bulletin for next three Sundays

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 19 18:39:54 CDT 2007

RE: the October 8 fast for the end of war
>Re: Announcement for Next Three Sunday bulletins

By the way, I do have a smaller flyer that could be used in a church bulletin.
The URL to the flyer is:
http://www.awarepresents.com/flyers/fast_churchBulletin.doc

Feel free to drop the "back page". I added it for myself and fellow United
Methodists. That half of the flyer talks a little about why groups fast. As
United Methodists, we do not fast as a group. Somehow we interpret the
Word to say that we should take all things in moderation, and just maybe
fasting is too extreme. We UMs also like food. A lot. But in order to ask for
peace and really mean it, I will fast, and I ask my church to fast.

-karen medina